Dovetail Agent Reporting is a full-featured web-based reporting module for Dovetail Agent.
A set of sample reports and dashboards are included with this package. Because every business is different, it is expected that each customer will create their own reports and dashboards that are specific to their business needs.
The core reporting application is Exago eWebReports. Exago is a Dovetail partner, and the eWebReports reporting application has been integrated with Dovetail Agent.
Exago is an enterprise BI solution that allows non-technical end users to create and edit reports and dashboards without IT support.
- Express Reports - End users can easily build and format basic tabular reports with this simplified field-chooser and preview pane.
- Standard reports - A familiar, Excel-like design grid with access to advanced functionality like Charts, Maps, the Formula Editor and Conditional Formatting
- Crosstab Reports - An intuitive Crosstab Wizard simplifies the process of creating complex tables with summary results grouped in both rows and columns.
- Dashboard Designer for end users - End users can design, format and save their own dashboards with multiple reports, charts, maps, text, hyperlinks, and images, and specify default dashboards to execute automatically when Exago is launched.
- Charting and graphing - Exago provides users with a wide variety of animated visualizations to choose from and a Chart Wizard walks users through setup.
- Geographical maps - A map Wizard makes it easy for end users to visualize their data in five dimensions on geographical maps.
- Automated Report Scheduler - Reports can be scheduled for automatic emailing or archiving. All parameters such as time periods, recurrence and recipients can be set in the Report Scheduler.
- PDF, RTF, Excel, HTML, CSV report output - To execute a report users simply select the desired format from a dropdown menu. HTML reports can be searched and navigated within the Exago HTML viewer.
There are two main Exago UIs:
- Main Reporting app - for creating and running reports
- Reporting Admin app - for setting up database information, application options, etc.
Access to the Main Reporting app is controlled via Privilege Classes within Dovetail/Clarify. Access to the Reporting Admin app is controlled via a separate username and password.