What's New - Version 20
- Interactions functionality
- Create and Edit Interactions
- Interactions Log operations: Log Notes, including Canned Responses
- Interactions Privileges: Create, Edit, Query
- Search and Query for Interactions
- Contact page actions now include a Create Interaction menu option
- Users can now mention an employee in case notes and that employee will be notified.
- Add support for user notifications via Slack. Requires Dovetail Rulemanager 2.7 or higher. For more information, refer to the Employee Notifications via Slack Knowledgebase article
- When logging an email, users can now select an existing file attachment to include in the outgoing email
- History: Attachments that are part of an email (Sent Email or Received Email) are now grouped with the email history item, instead of showing as separate items
- Because of this change, the
HistoryPolicySettings.SmallImageWidthapplication settings no longer apply, and have been removed.
- Because of this change, the
- Allow case notes to be toggled between Public and Internal. This allow for hiding case notes in SelfService/WebSupport-type applications. This functionality can be enabled/disabled by the
NoteLogIsInternalToggle.FeatureEnabledkey within the appSettings file.
- Schema Path Builder, to assist with building schema paths for Rule Properties and Auto-Destination Rules
- Tasks and Task Sets now include a History tab, which tracks activities (create, edit, add, delete)
- Broadcasts can now be sent to everyone, or only to members of one or more workgroups
- Refresh Carrier Cache action button, making it easy to force Dovetail Carrier to update its in-memory cache.
- Business rule conditions can now be ordered (and re-ordered), and Rulemanager will evaluate these conditions in order. Requires Rulemanager 2.6 or higher.
- The UI is not updating when performing a Revert Impersonation
- Notifier: Delete all messages throws a 500 error if there are a more than 2100 messages for the current user
- Add Attachment activities are being recorded as the username used by Dovetail Seeker, as opposed to the actual user who added the file. Requires Dovetail Seeker 2.6 or higher.
- Editing a child case can cause the table_case.is_supercase flag to be incorrectly set to true (1) on the child case. This flag shouldn't be set for the child - only for the parent.
- Batch Actions - Log Note - Log Note Type is not being recorded properly
- Contracts in search results are not rendering properly
Changes of Interest to Developers
- Web.config changes. The assembly binding definitions have changed.
- Log Email - Cases and subcases can now use different templates (from
table_com_tmplte) when sending outgoing emails. More Information here
Upgrading to Version 20.0.0
- Upgrade Dovetail Rulemanager to version 2.7.0 or higher.
- Allows for Business Rule conditions to be evaluates in a specific order.
- Support for Slack Notifications
Upgrade Dovetail Seeker to version 2.6.0 or higher.
This resolve an issue where Add Attachment activities are being recorded as the username used by Dovetail Seeker, as opposed to the actual user who added the file.
Apply Schema Changes.
- The schema changes to be applied are defined in $dovetailAgent\config\schema\agent.schemascript.xml. The easiest way is to simply apply these changes using Dovetail SchemaEditor and the agent.schemascript.xml file - it will add the new schema and skip over any changes that already exist.
Import the following data files:
Disable/enable the Interactions feature by setting the
Interaction.FeatureEnabledkey within the appSettings file.
If using Interactions:
A. Setup interaction searching
Edit Dovetail Seeker's documentSpecifications.xml file to allow for searching of interactions. Within Seeker's documentSpecifications.xml file, include the change request specifications needed by Dovetail Agent, which are provided in the $dovetailAgent\source\config\seeker.config\seeker-interaction-domain-specification.xml file
B. Grant the following privileges to the desired privilege class(es). This can be done within Dovetail Agent, using the Admin - Privilege Classes functionality.
- Create Interaction
- Edit Interaction
- Query Interaction
Optional - If using Slack Notifications:
A. Add Slack as an option in the Notification Types user-defined list. This can be done within Dovetail Agent, using the Admin - User Defined Lists functionality.
B. Enable the Slack Notifications feature by setting the
SlackNotifications.FeatureEnabledkey within the appSettings file.
Optional - Edit and Import the
\dat\example\email_templates.datfile. More Information here
Merge in your customizations with the baseline 20.0.0 source code
web.configfile. If you re-use your existing web.config file, be sure to merge in the latest changes.
- The assembly binding definitions have changed
Build / Test / Release / Deploy