- Dynamic Home Page Content
- Custom Content Pages
- Dynamic Menus
- Favorite knowledgebase articles
- Recent knowledgebase articles
- Comment and Rate knowledgebase articles
- Solution listings now include more context (last updated, created, first few hundred characters of the description, rating)
- In-app Feedback
- Register / request access workflow
- Support paging on all listing and search pages
- Change severity on a case
- Track page visits
- Track searches
- The SelfService Application now requires a
- Display rich, formatted text (using Markdown) within case history.
- Exclude file uploads based on file extensions. Configurable via the AttachmentSettings.ExcludeExtensions application setting.
- All case file attachments can now be downloaded. Previously, only certain file attachments were available for download.
- Able to log an empty note to a case
- Paragraph spacing could be missing in case history
Changes of Interest to Developers
- New application config settings:
- Assorted changes to the
- Application Infrastructure and dependencies have been upgraded
Upgrading to Version 3.0.0
Install the .NET Framework 4.5 Full
Dovetail Selfservicelicense key, which enables access to the general app functionality
License keys can be obtained from the My License Keys page on the Dovetail Selfservice portal. If you do not have these keys, contact Dovetail Software, and we will provide them.
License keys an be installed using the Dovetail Software License Installer, which is included with the Dovetail SDK.
Apply Schema Changes.
The schema changes to be applied are defined in $dovetailSelfservice\config\schema\selfservice.schemascript.xml
The easiest way is to simply apply these changes using Dovetail SchemaEditor and the agent.schemascript.xml file - it will add the new schema and skip over any changes that already exist.
Import the following Data Files
Merge in your customizations with the baseline source code
web.configfile. If you re-use your existing web.config file, be sure to merge in the latest changes.
- The assembly binding definitions have changed
customHeaderssection has been updated
httpErrorssection has been updated
Build / Test / Release / Deploy
- Support for displaying embedded YouTube and Vimeo videos on solutions.
- Improved the user experience when a user's session has timed out
- Improvements to the user authorization module
Of interest to developers and implementors
web.configfile now contains a
machineKeysetting, needed for CSRF tokens to work across app recycle events
- Display rich, formatted text (using Markdown) on solutions.
- Display inline images on solutions.
- On cases, show thumbnails of image attachments in the history, and open in lightbox.
The following issues are resolved
- Incorrect log4net assembly reference
- Long contact names can wrap in header causing overlap of page content
- Validation messages display off screen if page is scrolled
- Incorrect url for reset password in email when app is in a virtual directory
- Clicking a submit button twice results in double posts
- Added new application configuration settings: SelfServiceSettings.IncludePerformedByDetailsForContactActions, which tells the application whether or not to prepend the "Performed By Contact" details to act_entry records. This is useful when using the Clarify Client to work cases.
- Resolved incorrect URL for password reset when app is running in a virtual directory. The fix requires a new application configuration setting: WebsiteSettings.IsPublicRootVirtual
- Populate the case2address relation when creating a case.
- Knowledgebase - users can now search and view public solutions
- Security enhancements
- Configurable Password complexity rules
- Additional checks to prevent CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) attacks
- Failed login attempts are throttled by a time delay - helping to prevent brute force login attacks
- Disable browser caching for sensitive information
- Disable autocomplete for login and lost password pages
- Set cookies to be HTTP-only
- Set cookies to be secure (if using SSL)
- Resolved assorted IE8 specific styling issues
Fixed a build issue causing application components (bottles) to not initialize correctly at runtime.
- Resetting password no longer redirects you to the sign-in page.
- Removed IE8 workaround obviated by an update to the respond library.
Dovetail SelfService 2.0 is a completely redesigned user interface and architecture.